This laboratory is the only one of its kind in the country.
The laboratory tests performed:
- Sanitary safety of materials and products intended to have contact with food products, which must meet the general and special conditions, so do not affect the quality and safety of food and do not endanger the health of consumers,
- Tests of health safety of materials and products intended to have contact with skin and mucous membranes,
Examining the safety and wholesomeness of toys.
Separation of materials and products that are tested in our laboratory:
- Dishes and utensils for cooking and storage for food products, made of:
- Textile etc.
- Packaging for groceries
- Means for personal hygiene;
- Means for hygiene in household;
- Accessories for toddlers and infants;
- Plastic granulates;
- machines parts;
- other products
The tests are performed in accordance with existing national legislation relating to the general use of items and toys and the latest EU Regulations, Directives and EU Guides.
From parameters that are tested on certain types of objects:
- Total migration of organic and inorganic substances,
- Specific migration of 9 metals,
- Specific migration of primary aromatic amines,
- Release of color in test solution;
- Testing of mechanical and physical properties of toys
- Organoleptic testing and determining quality of items.
This laboratory is accredited in accordance with ISO / IEC 17025 standard.
Responsible Person: Dr. sci. Evgenija Kiroska-Petreska – specialist in sanitary chemistry